THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEY FOUNDATION, Inc.
2013 5K Walk-A-Thon
12 – 3 p.m.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
NYC ~ Philadelphia ~ DC
Our annual walk-a-thon is a fun-filled activity for everyone interested in combating kidney disease.
*** UPDATE*** In New York, the time and location have changed. The walk will start at 9 a.m. at Riverside Par (116th and Riverside Drive). Please spread the word – see you on April 6th!
GOAL: It is our hope that each fundraising sponsor will raise at least $500
1. Participants may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive the pledge sheets. Contact a local representative for the 2013 Pledge Form.
Reminder: The 2013 Pledge Forms need to be turned in on walk-a-thon day, Saturday, April 6, 2013. (Please keep a copy for your own records.)
2. Pledges may be made by anyone. Please ask everyone who pledges if their company has a matching gift policy, if so, this will double their contribution.
3. Sponsors making a pledge should write their own name and pledge per kilometer or fixed pledge amount. Participants may collect the pledge in advance and turn them in, along with the pledge sheets on the day of the walk-a-thon.
4. Please return all final funds pledged and final pledge sheets to THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEYFOUNDATION, Inc. no later than April 30, 2013.
MAIL DONATIONS TO:
THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEY FOUNDATION, INC.
P.O. Box 1358, Triborough Station
New York, New York 10035
For questions or concerns, or to volunteer, send us an email at DBKFoundation@gmail.com or call us at 646-670-8695. Feel free to “Like” us on Facebook at DBFoundation!
Simple Ways to Raise Money
- If your employer permits, post Event signs and brochures in employee gathering areas such as your company lunchroom, restroom, elevator, mail room, etc.
- Ask for donations to honor a friend, family member or co-worker who has been affected by kidney disease or is a transplant recipient.
- Ask friends and family to help widen your sphere of involvement by taking a pledge form to solicit donations.
- Involve a neighboring company or business located near your workplace in a Kidney Walkathon competition.
- Ask 10 people for $20. That’s $200! Ask 25 people for $20. That’s $500!!