The DBKF is adding a new event to its roster in order to continue spreading awareness about chronic kidney disease: a health fair extravaganza! We hope you will join us on Saturday, August 9th in New York City to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We’re partnering with Mt. Sinai Medical Center’s Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute and there will be representatives from the National Kidney Foundation and the National Kidney Registry. Physicians and a dietitian will be available for consultations, healthy food will be on sale, and there are sure to be fun activities for the whole family.
Join us on SATURDAY, MAY 3rd for the 3rd Annual DBKF Kidney Walk in 8 cities! RSVP via the Facebook event. We hope to see you there!
New York, NY
El Paso, TX
Los Angeles, CA
*Tampa’s Kidney Walk is on Saturday, April 26th.
The DBKF would like to take a moment to thank the many volunteers, donors, and supporters who continuously show their love and support for the work we do. To honor our supporters, we hosted an appreciation dinner this February at the Sly Fox Inn in New York. Bellow are a few photos from the event. Feel free to check out the full gallery on our Facebook page.
Join us for our 2nd annual Gift of Life Benefit on Thursday, September 26, 2013. Tickets are now on sale via Pay Pal; just click “Donate” on the left hand bar of the page. The evening will include food, drinks, live entertainment and raffle prizes.
Come dance, mix and mingle, and enjoy great company in a fabulous environment!
Full Table (10 seats) – $1,800
Full Table (10 seats)- $2,300
Premium PLUS (10 seats)- $5,000
Have a business or want to offer your congratulations to the foundation? Then buy an ad in our souvenir journal.
Souvenir Journal Advertisements
Back Cover- $700
Full Page- $500
Half Page- $300
Quarter Page- $175
Business Card- $100
THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEY FOUNDATION, Inc.
2013 5K Walk-A-Thon
12 - 3 p.m.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
NYC ~ Philadelphia ~ DC
Our annual walk-a-thon is a fun-filled activity for everyone interested in combating kidney disease.
*** UPDATE*** In New York, the time and location have changed. The walk will start at 9 a.m. at Riverside Par (116th and Riverside Drive). Please spread the word – see you on April 6th!
GOAL: It is our hope that each fundraising sponsor will raise at least $500
1. Participants may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive the pledge sheets. Contact a local representative for the 2013 Pledge Form.
Reminder: The 2013 Pledge Forms need to be turned in on walk-a-thon day, Saturday, April 6, 2013. (Please keep a copy for your own records.)
2. Pledges may be made by anyone. Please ask everyone who pledges if their company has a matching gift policy, if so, this will double their contribution.
3. Sponsors making a pledge should write their own name and pledge per kilometer or fixed pledge amount. Participants may collect the pledge in advance and turn them in, along with the pledge sheets on the day of the walk-a-thon.
4. Please return all final funds pledged and final pledge sheets to THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEYFOUNDATION, Inc. no later than April 30, 2013.
MAIL DONATIONS TO:
THE DENNIS BLIGEN KIDNEY FOUNDATION, INC.
P.O. Box 1358, Triborough Station
New York, New York 10035
For questions or concerns, or to volunteer, send us an email at DBKFoundation@gmail.com or call us at 646-670-8695. Feel free to “Like” us on Facebook at DBFoundation!
Simple Ways to Raise Money
- If your employer permits, post Event signs and brochures in employee gathering areas such as your company lunchroom, restroom, elevator, mail room, etc.
- Ask for donations to honor a friend, family member or co-worker who has been affected by kidney disease or is a transplant recipient.
- Ask friends and family to help widen your sphere of involvement by taking a pledge form to solicit donations.
- Involve a neighboring company or business located near your workplace in a Kidney Walkathon competition.
- Ask 10 people for $20. That’s $200! Ask 25 people for $20. That’s $500!!
Thank you all for supporting The Dennis Bligen Kidney Foundation’s Inaugural Gift of Life Benefit Gala on September 20, 2012.
Below, please find a thank you letter on behalf of the DBKF from our Executive Director, Leon Bligen.
Also, please check out the event photos on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dbfoundation.